Happy Monday friends! I was all ready to get back to work and back into the groove post-wedding/honeymoon this morning. Then I woke up, looked out the window and realized we were in a full blown snow globe and my boss kindly gave us the option to work from home. As I had a TON of emails to catch up on I welcomed the option, and also squeezed in a little Cyber Monday shopping over my ‘lunch break.’ Here are my #savagesix finds and my suggestions on how to style them!
- Sam Edelman Caprice Suede Boots (pictured!) These are probably one of my ultimate favorite purchases from the Nordstrom Annual Sale, and they are being marked down again for Cyber Monday. Not ideal for trekking through the snow, but these look adorable with a casual outfit as I’ve styled them here, or work with a big cozy sweater or a mini-skirt/sweater or even a dress. Most of the boots/booties I own are black, so I love having these in my closet to switch things up and they are incredibly versatile!
- Velvet Moto Jacket Over the weekend one of our friends showed up to a football viewing party wearing a velvet bomber jacket from J. Crew that I was practically drooling over, I loved it that much. Sadly, it had long been sold out. When Ann Taylor has a sale, I always check out their blazer selection as I think they make beautiful jackets that fit me perfectly, sans tailoring. While I told myself I would resist buying clothes for a bit after the wedding, I couldn’t resist this jacket (sorry Ben!) This is pretty enough to wear with a skirt (as shown on the site) or with light jeans and booties. I can’t wait to get this – I always size down and am a 2 in their blazers.
- Black Jeans from Express (pictured!) My go-to for jeans thanks to their affordability and sizing (the talls fit so well!), I regularly stock up on black jeans from Express.
- I also bought a replacement for my favorite blue ripped jeans as I’ve had them over a year and could use a fresh pair! I’ve worn them dozens of times, pictured below!
- Black Velvet Skirt from Express This is 100% another item I wasn’t intending on buying, but coming in at under $30 and continuing with my velvet obsession, I had to? Ha. I’m thinking this will go nicely with the red blazer it’s pictured with (which I also bought) and I can wear it to our work holiday party, and out to dinner in NYC next week! And I just might wear them with…
- Black Diamond Tights from Express I am obsessed with these tights! As much as I love a solid matte black tight, it can be fun to wear a pattern like this almost as an accessory. On the weekends I’ll pair them with a velvet dress or mini skirt and during the week they’ll go well with a pencil skirt and booties.
And of course, I’ll be stocking up on some Holiday candles! My favorite scent right now is Marshmallow Fireside from Bath & Body Works. What are some of your favorite finds this Cyber Monday? Comment or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.