I admit it, I am a Sephora addict. Especially during an off-hour when the store is quiet, I love to test the different products, stock my basket with new finds and spray, swipe and sample to my heart’s desire. Being a ‘Rouge’ member comes with a few perks, and their sales are absolutely one of them. Until Monday, October 29th everything in-store and online is 20% off with Rouge status. I’m stocking up on my Savage Six staple items to keep me beautified until the next sale.
- Chanel Chance Ea De Toilette When I was in college, I really wanted a ‘signature scent.’ Everyone was walking around campus wearing either the exact same scent from Victoria’s Secret (anyone care to jog my memory?) or some perfume, maybe D&G Light Blue? But regardless, I couldn’t wear it without smelling it on myself all day and wanted something unique to me. By that point I figured I also needed something other than the Hollister perfume I started wearing in high school. I went to Macy’s over a holiday break and fearlessly walked into the perfume section (those employees can be intense!) and described what I was looking for. Something light, a background fragrance that wouldn’t walk into the room before I did a scent that wasn’t too mainstream. Without flinching, the woman suggested “Chance,” a new scent from Chanel meant for a ‘younger’ woman. By the way, the description on http://www.chanel.com is literally “A collection of four decidedly young and endlessly romantic scents.” I gave it a sniff and loved it instantly. I have worn Chance consistently for over 15 years, and just bought a fresh bottle to use and have photographed on our wedding day. Since it rarely goes on sale, I always jump on the chance (hehe) to buy it at a discount.
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate When I worked at Style.com in NYC (since rolled back into Vogue as Vogue Runway, I was the Beauty Sales Director. That job had my hair falling out from the pressure & stress of working both in fashion and beauty, but I had numerous amazing experiences I will cherish for a lifetime. One of the top experiences was building a relationship with the Beauty Editor, Celia Ellenberg, who is now the Beauty Editor at Vogue. Anyway, I was always picking her brain on her favorite products, and grew addicted to the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel, which back then was one of her favorites. I’ve since made a swap for the Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate based on a friend’s recommendation. The hint of caffeine helps calm my eyes when they are puffy, keep them hydrated and most of all, make me look just a little more awake.
- Dior Diorshow Brow Gel There was a period of time when Benefit took their famous Gimmee Brow off the market because apparently some dumb-dumb wore it as mascara and had a negative reaction. I panicked a little, I had grown accustomed to filling in my thin brows with a couple of wipes and running out the door. During that time, I discovered what was recommended to me by a Sephora employee as the closest backup they had, the Diorshow Brow Gel. I’ve since officially moved on from Benefit (sorry!) and am a loyal devotee to this product. The brush holds lots of gel, making my eyebrows a little more lush and shaped in no time.
- Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil Probably based on my dedicated to the Fresh eye gel, one day I decided to give this face oil a whirl. Especially in the Winter, and particularly at night my face tends to get incredibly dry. My skin also leans closer to the dry vs. combo or oil so I can straight up apply this oil to my face without fear of breaking out. I love slathering this stuff on at night, or after an extra sweaty workout.
- Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Micro Tip I have worn liquid eye liner since college. I admit it, and I’m not ashamed. The past few years I’ve struggled a bit to figure out my favorite product for said liquid liner, as my go-to Maybelline eyeliner (as I said, this started in college) has long been discontinued. My coworker suggested this Stila liner, and I am hooked. It doesn’t budge, it has the tiniest little tip and is actually easy to apply. As one would hope after sticking to essentially the same routine for almost 16 years.
- Sephora Collection Face Mask I bought two of these without realizing they were buy 3 get one free, no promo code required. So if you decide to purchase, just grab three! I love these little things, you can put them on while watching TV, I’m planning on spooking Ben while driving to Columbus for the big day, and I always stick one in my travel bag. They’re cheap, they’re easy and there’s no clean up required once you remove them.
What are your Sephora favorites? By the way, if you have the Rouge status hopefully you’ve received the mailer or an email, but if not the code is ROUGEBONUS. Happy beautifying!