Madewell is having a sale across the entire site until tomorrow evening at 11:59P EST. I picked up some #savagesix staples for Fall that will easily transition into Winter, including my go-to tees.
Well unfortunately for my self control, I keep promising myself that I will cut it out with the Fall shopping, but there are a few sales that are tough to resist. One of them being the sale that is going on at Madewell right now, where you can receive 20% off your order of $100+ or 30% off orders $200. I grabbed a few items from their website that are en route as we speak.
On a Saturday afternoon two weeks ago, as I was still fending off a raging sinus infection and figured it was as good a time as any to flip over my closets and get ready for Fall. In full transparency, I thought this whole process would take no more than 45 minutes. I have a Goodwill nearby and am regular as I can be about giving away items as they either fall apart or trend themselves out of my wardrobe. Three and a half hours and five huge bags filled with clothes to giveaway later, I realized I grossly under-estimated my Saturday chore.
But as I stood there, feeling incredibly refreshed and proud of the progress I had made, I also came to another realization. That with all of the clothes I have currently in my closet, I really have done a good job of filling it with quality, staple pieces to make it easy for me to mix & match. Sure, I can (and will, and have) throw in the occasional trendy piece here and there (hellllo leopard blouse/mules/pashmina) but for the most part, I try to keep the pieces as ‘basic’ as possible. With that said, once Ben came home from watching football with some guys I made the confession that really, I have what I need for now minus a good black sweater and a pair of leather (not suede!) booties to sustain the upcoming Winter in Chicago.
To my delight, Madewell recently announced a sale on their items so I visited the site with the intent to find a solid black sweater and grab a couple more tees. Here’s what I found and how I plan to wear them over the next few months.
- Texture and Thread Wrap Sweater: Was this on my list of wardrobe-staples-to-buy? Nope. But it was on sale for $35, which since I did end up hitting the $200 mark was under $25. I’m thinking of wearing it on Thanksgiving Day with dark jeans and my light tan suede Sam Edelman booties (I got them from the Nordstrom Sale, you can see them here.)
- Balloon Sleeve Pullover Sweater in Black: The main reason I came to the sale. I think this will look cute with an old light tan suede skirt I have, tights & over the knee boots or just jeans and booties. Inevitably I am sure I will end up wearing this all season and into Winter.
- Textured Tie-Front Top: The top I 100% did not need, but couldn’t resist. I love having a clean white top I can dress up for work or wear out to brunch with girlfriends.
- Velvet Wrap Bodysuit: I went out on a limb on this one, it’s a little trendier than what I would buy from Madewell (which I consider an expert at the basics) but I’m hoping it fits nicely. I love the blue color and this would be perfect to throw on for date night.
- Whisper T-Shirt: THIS is one of my favorite t-shirts ever! It fits nicely and is flattering. Since it’s white, it’s a staple I wear quite often, so I got one as a backup.
- Whisper Tank Top: Same deal as the t-shirt but I actually only own this tank in black, so I thought I’d swoop one up in white as well. Just in case.
Do you like Madewell? What are your favorite pieces from the store? I have yet to try their jeans but am impressed that they have both a tall AND taller selection! Let me know your favorites in the comments or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.