Savage Six – The six entertaining pieces you need on your registry (or in your home, period!)
When it came to registering for our wedding, I was conflicted. It felt slightly indulgent and a bit unnecessary given the fact that I’ve had a fully stocked kitchen for a few years now. Furthermore, the reality is I’m a handful of years older than the average bride (clocking in at 27 years old these days. You can verify this claim via Women’s Health! I was convinced there would be anything I would really need.
With one of my top passions being focused on cooking and entertaining, I decided to upgrade or simply add pieces to my collection. I focused mostly on serving platters and entertaining staples I could bring out to pretty up any occasion. I outlined six of my favorite pieces for entertaining below. From my next cocktail, dinner party, date night at home or even hosting a Holiday as a married couple at some point in the future, I’ll have some great staples to build around. You can add these to your registry or of course buy them for your home no matter your marital status.
All of these items are from Crate & Barrel. I love C&B as they have high quality items at a really reasonable price and with a little extra care, they will last you for years.
- Hayes Black Marble Wine Cooler This particular color combination of the marble wine cooler is relatively new for C&B. I have another one in white that I store all of my kitchen utensils in. I plan on keeping this black marble one near my bar to pull out and keep white wine chilled for dinner or cocktail parties.
- Bash Silver Beverage Tub I have a larger beverage tub from Crate & Barrel that I have had for nearly 7 years now, you can find it here. I registered for the smaller version of this ‘bash’ bucket in silver. It’s such a great addition to my entertaining pieces! For smaller gatherings, say 6-8 people this easily fits a couple bottles of wine, sparkling waters and a few beers. I like setting these buckets out on the counter next to some glasses and cocktail napkins. Guests can easily help themselves and/or add their contributions to the bucket instead of finding room in the fridge.
- Hayes Black Marble Board Complementing the wine cooler is this black marble board, which I will be using primarily for cheese & charcuterie! I also got the matching cheese knives (#4) that will look pretty with little effort.
- Hayes Marble Cheese Tools, Set of 3 I have a neutral set of silver cheese knives that I use all of the time. I am a sucker for gold and love the black marble, so I plan on alternating between my sets. Plus when it’s time to break out the black marble, these will match perfectly.
- Rabbit ® RBT Wine Decanter Given to us by one of Ben’s friend for our engagement party, this was such an incredibly generous gift. It is one of my absolute favorite gifts-to-date, being both functional and stylish. We keep it out on our dining room table and it looks nice whether it’s in use or not!
- French Kitchen Marble 2-Tier Server I saw this server the night before my Ohio shower. I loved it so much I immediately removed a few pieces from our registry in order to add this one. To my delight, my sister-in-law was shopping the morning of and it caught her eye. We had brought an empty suitcase and this easily fit so I could bring home the next day. I love that it can add some natural height to a spread, whether it’s desserts, cheese or pastries.
What are your favorite pieces for entertaining? Any must-buys you swear by? Comment or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.