Savage Six – 15% of Fragrance & Beauty through Saturday, 3/24
Growing up I wasn’t allowed to have many toiletries and I am pretty sure as an adult I have rebelled against that as splurging on new makeup and perfume is one of my favorite things to shop for. But it can certainly add up quickly, so when I can find a deal here and there I make sure to take advantage.
I have been buying MAC Cosmetics for years and love their ‘back to MAC’ program. You can exchange 6 empty containers for a free lipstick at a regular MAC counter. As I had about a dozen stockpiled in a drawer I decided to get some fresh air over lunch and bop over to the Macy’s near my office. While there I happily discovered that all fragrance & beauty is 15% off! I also checked over at Nordstrom and saw that they are doing a price match of the same items. I am usually a Sephora regular (the number of points I have accumulated there is embarrassing) but as they don’t carry MAC and rarely have sales, I was pleasantly pleased to stumble upon these deals. Here are the 6 items I made sure to stock up on during my visit.
MAC Creemesheen Lipstick in “Creme Cup”
- I am usually a lipgloss gal but I’ve been wanting to incorporate more lipstick into my beauty routine. Because I had my empty MAC containers, this was the main draw for me visiting Macy’s. I picked this up based on a few recommendations that this is a go-to shade that is universally flattering. It’s a nude color with a slight hint of pink, I’m excited to give it a whirl!
MAC Face & Body Foundation
- This is my favorite foundation for summer, it’s water-based and is light yet hydrating. Because it’s not oil-based, if I happen to sweat a bit it doesn’t slide off, feel uncomfortable or lead to blemishes. I apply it in the morning just as I do lotion to even out my skintone. Usually I have a big bottle that I keep at home and a small one that I keep in my bag for touchups. When I’m more skin kissed it also doesn’t overpower my natural skin color which I find can happen with heavier foundations.
Clarins Radiance Plus Glow for Face
- I JUST got tipped off from a friend and beauty expert to buy this product. You mix in a drop of two of this tanning oil into your face lotion in the morning to give yourself a little bit of an extra glow all day long.
MAC Lipglass in “Nymphette”
- I have been wearing this lipgloss for over 15 years and that is not an exaggeration. I don’t even remember when I first found but it was at some point in my collegiate life and I’ve had it in my bag ever since. It is a bit on the sticky side but I am absolutely obsessed with this and I swear it looks good on everyone. I love the shine, gold shimmer and even the smell. They recently had it off the shelf for awhile as the worked to reformulate the packaging, so I always make sure I have at least two at all times. Just in case.
Nars Blush in “Orgasm”
- This is another color I have been wearing for years. I use the powder blush in the summer and I typically use the stick in the winter to give me a little bit of a dewy finish. The color is another universally flattering one and is one of their most popular products to date. It’s so popular it now comes in powder, stick and liquid form as well as a lipstick and lipgloss!
Benefit’s Gimme Brow
- I first discovered this product when I walked into a Benefit store and an employee told me that I “definitely needed help shaping my brows.” Nothing like a little subtlety to hook, line and sink ’em but it actually did work and I have had this in my makeup bag since her reco. There was apparently a manufacturing issue with this product and they took it off the market for what must have been several months. I was using another brand’s brow gel for awhile, but for me personally I need things to be quick and simple and this does the trick with little cleanup. I’m ‘blonde’ with some color in my brows, I used #3 which is comparable to their medium.
I hope you find some of your favorites with the sale and can stock up, or try out some new products. I am in desperate need of new brushes, so I am adding those to the list. Happy shopping!